Fishin Trips (Coming Events)

  • Greg's Fishin' Hole To Re-Open!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Waiting Until It's His Time



I sent these next two paragraphs (partially edited) to someone I seek Godly counsel from:

"I've spent quite a bit of down time over the past 12-18 months (ministry wise), not bad though, good personal time with God! It was what I might call a bookend time. Starting with publishing "Crewed Awakening" and ending with a Men's Bible study I just finished called "It's in the Toolbox." It goes to the printer next month. In between the two books it seemed like a lot was happening including two sons getting married, a new grandbaby and busy life in general. 
 
In the last few weeks God has been stirring me to follow Him in some things. I can't tell you how increasingly anxious and excited I became, yet He seemed to be having me wait in taking any action until yesterday. As much as I didn't want to wait, I did, I've learned that it's not a good idea to run ahead of Him. I'll be reopening Greg's Fishin' Hole in the near future with additional emphasis on supporting organizations that serve the poor, needy, widows, orphans, homeless, etc. I'm totally open to God in this and I am not limiting Him but expecting more than I could ask or imagine. Such as a bigger place for the Fishin Hole, others coming along side in this ministry and whatever else He wants it to be. I would much appreciate your prayers and guidance in these matters."
 
 
The waiting wasn't easy as the excitement was building in me, but two mornings ago He showed me what actions to begin. I didn't "put out a fleece" or anything of the sort. I wasn't seeking confirmation. I just felt Him nudging me in my spirit to begin to move forward. So I was in no way expecting what happened next.
 
I had put the garbage can out by the street the night before. After it had been picked up by the truck I went to bring it back into the yard. Laying beside the garbage can was a doormat I have never seen before; it has printed on it "Fish Market" and a picture of a fish! Are you kidding me!
 
We are to be "Fishers Of Men", laying down ourselves as we feed those in need with both spiritual and physical food. Wanna go fishing with me?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Drop me a line,
 
Greg 
 

1 comment: